The company is currently seeking its Office & Accounting Supervisor to support operations and top management. This role encompasses several diverse responsibilities, namely general and human resources administration, accounting, communication, and facility management. The O&A Supervisor plays a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of the company and providing crucial support to several Business Units.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Execute general administrative tasks.
- Collect postal and electronic mailboxes, process mail in person or deliver it, depending on who is involved.
- Manage insurances portfolio with the assistance of our external partner.
- Manage legal issues with the assistance of our external partner.
- Help in the organization of business trips.
- Organize professional meals on or off site, as well as business trips (transportation, accommodation, meals) in coordination with managers.
- Welcome visitors until they are passed on to colleagues.
- Human Resources Administration
- Handle Human Resources administrative activities from hiring to leaving, including induction, payroll, insurance, holidays and absences, and record keeping.
- Assist or directly handle all accounting issues in cooperation with the financial partner, Managers, suppliers, and government bodies.
- Handle the office and employees’ personal expenses.
- Handle public subsidies applications.
- Handle all enquiries in connection with an order or an invoice with the suppliers.
- Prepare financial statistics and provide support with the preparation of financial reports.
- Oversee the cleanliness and tidiness of the facilities, including maintenance with the assistance of our external partner.
- Manage IT (software and hardware) with the support of the external partners.
- Support communication and marketing activities.
- Maintain company website with content provided by the management.
- Publish and update contents on LinkedIn that has been prepared by/with managers.
- Federal Certificate for Administrative Employee with Professional Maturity or bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing, or finance.
- English or French as mother tongue, for the other at least C1 level. German would be an advantage.
- IT proficiency, in particular Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, TEAMS, SharePoint), social media networks such as LinkedIn and online research.
- Knowledge of or strong interest in high technology and the medical industry.
- Motivation and resilience to work in a start-up environment.
- Ability to work and think fast and propose ideas in a structured way with a high degree of accuracy, rigor, and thoroughness.
- Efficient time management and prioritizing multiple tasks are key strengths.
- Interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to observe high levels of confidentiality and ethical standards.
- Excellent outward appearance and attitude, suitable for various business contexts, people, and atmospheres, from casual start-ups to austere multinationals.
- Location: Epalinges (Lausanne heights)
- Activity Rate: From 60 to 100%
- Home office: In exceptional cases, 1 day per week with prior approval
- Applicant Eligibility: Applicants must be Swiss citizens or hold a valid work permit in Switzerland. Residency in or near Lausanne is mandatory.
- Reports to: F&A Manager
- Starting Date: As soon as possible
The successful candidate will demonstrate a genuine interest in our industry and the potential to grow to a more senior position. We value a dynamic and entrepreneurial spirit in a start-up environment and are looking for a team player committed to achieving excellence.
Should you be genuinely motivated by this position and meet at least 80% of the expected profile, please tell us within a one-page letter who you are and how you can contribute to the success of Novostia today and tomorrow. A CV is expected, diplomas and work certificates are not required at this stage.
Contact: admin [at] novostia.com